البيت الآرامي العراقي

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  Welcome2
High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  619888zqg202ssdr
البيت الآرامي العراقي

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  Welcome2
High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  619888zqg202ssdr
البيت الآرامي العراقي
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

البيت الآرامي العراقي

سياسي -ثقافي-أجتماعي

الرئيسيةالرئيسيةبحـثس .و .جالتسجيلarakeyboardchald keyboardدخول

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Dr.Hannani Maya
المشرف العام
المشرف العام
Dr.Hannani Maya

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  Usuuus10
High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  8-steps1a
الدولة : العراق
الجنس : ذكر
عدد المساهمات : 60585
مزاجي : أحب المنتدى
تاريخ التسجيل : 21/09/2009
الابراج : الجوزاء
العمل/الترفيه العمل/الترفيه : الأنترنيت والرياضة والكتابة والمطالعة

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &    High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  Icon_minitime1الخميس 15 ديسمبر 2016 - 2:58

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. https://www.ft.com/content/e3f7ed80-9f74-11e6-891e-abe238dee8e2#ixzz4SrrTO0VJ
Training for work in a hostile area
Kiran Stacey

• Print
  • [url=http://clippings.ft.com/clipthis/?url=http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/e3f7ed80-9f74-11e6-891e-abe238dee8e2.html&title=Training+for+work+in+a+hostile+area&note=Top+tip+if+kidnapped%3A+run+away+as+soon+as+you+can&clipthisdisplay=<i class%3D"o-ft-icons-icon o-ft-icons-icon--clippings"><%2fi><span>clip<%2fspan>&clippeddisplay=<i class%3D"o-ft-icons-icon o-ft-icons-icon--clippings"><%2fi><span>clipped<%2fspan>&datepublished=2016-11-21+05%3A48%3A46&images=http%3A%2F%2Fim.ft-static.com%2Fcontent%2Fimages%2Fff955844-8f95-4d5b-aea1-b49c3bafd668.img,]Clip [/url]
  • Comments

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  Ff955844-8f95-4d5b-aea1-b49c3bafd668©Dreamstime
Somewhere in the rural Herefordshire hills, the man who blindfolded me is now forcing me up from a kneeling position and into an orange jumpsuit.
I have been warned this might happen and I know it is just a training exercise. Nevertheless it is a gut-wrenching moment — a fleeting realisation of just a fraction of the terror that must be felt by those who undergo this in real life.

More

IN Risk Management

This is the final day of my hostile environment training. It is a rite of passage for foreign correspondents; one that most accept with a shrug and muttered queries about how much use it is ever going to be.
Those doubts are enhanced following the kidnap exercise: the climax of the five-day course, which gives training in basic first aid, avoiding danger and the importance, above all else, of running away.
What good is it to have been put through this, I ask, if the lesson to take is not to get into such a situation in the first place?
The answer is threefold, and has stuck with me:

Rise in threat levels impels need to protect staff

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &  Cea5b40b-04a2-4cef-9d11-eae55150a5fe
Keeping safe in hostile regions involves regular contact and thinking ahead
First, tiny actions can save lives. If you are taken captive, for example, try not to be carrying a notebook containing the details, phone numbers and locations of all your sources.
Second, do not panic. One of the main reasons for undergoing scenario training like this, the instructor explains, is that the shock is marginally less if it ever happens in real life, allowing you to think and plan more clearly.
Third, and most important, run away. If there is any chance of escape, take it early, before you are exhausted and while your kidnappers are not yet in control.
Kidnap awareness is just one part of the course. Of more immediate practical use is several hours’ worth of medical training, which could turn out to be useful at any time, even in otherwise benign situations.
The writer is South Asia correspondent for the FT
Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2016. You may share using our article tools.
Please don't cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut &
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
البيت الآرامي العراقي :: منتديات عامة متنوعة Miscellaneous General forums :: منتدى باللغة الانكليزية English Forum-
انتقل الى: