البيت الآرامي العراقي

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh Welcome2
  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh 619888zqg202ssdr
البيت الآرامي العراقي

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh Welcome2
  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh 619888zqg202ssdr
البيت الآرامي العراقي
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

البيت الآرامي العراقي

سياسي -ثقافي-أجتماعي

الرئيسيةالرئيسيةبحـثس .و .جالتسجيلarakeyboardchald keyboardدخول

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago Disappointing photos sh

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Dr.Hannani Maya
المشرف العام
المشرف العام
Dr.Hannani Maya

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh Usuuus10
  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh 8-steps1a
الدولة : العراق
الجنس : ذكر
عدد المساهمات : 60558
مزاجي : أحب المنتدى
تاريخ التسجيل : 21/09/2009
الابراج : الجوزاء
العمل/الترفيه العمل/الترفيه : الأنترنيت والرياضة والكتابة والمطالعة

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago Disappointing photos sh     Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh Icon_minitime1الأربعاء 30 يناير 2019 - 2:50

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh AAmooMh
Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice

Alex Temblador
8 hrs ago
[url=/en-us/travel/article/disappointing-photos-show-what-las-vegas-looks-like-in-real-life/ss-BBSNwcn?ocid=spartandhp][/url]
  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSNw6o
Disappointing photos show what Las Vegas looks like in real life
[url=/en-us/travel/article/disappointing-photos-show-what-las-vegas-looks-like-in-real-life/ss-BBSNwcn?ocid=spartandhp][/url]
[url=/en-us/travel/news/this-dollar60-pass-lets-your-kids-fly-frontier-with-you-for-free-all-year-long/ar-BBSUVD3?ocid=spartandhp][/url]
  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSURoB
This $60 Pass Lets Your Kids Fly Frontier With You for Free All Year
[url=/en-us/travel/news/this-dollar60-pass-lets-your-kids-fly-frontier-with-you-for-free-all-year-long/ar-BBSUVD3?ocid=spartandhp][/url]

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSUJh9©️ Getty Images British passport prior to Brexit. (Photo via iStock / Getty Images Plus / Yoyochow23) With so much security in place at borders, you’d think that someone would notice that a woman was traveling with a passport that's not her own or even close to her age. That wasn’t the case for one British woman.

Anita Turner, 58, accidentally picked up her daughter, Rebecca’s passport instead of her own for a road trip to Belgium with friends. Turner had already made it past three separate security checkpoints on her way to Belgium and only realized her passport mistake when she got to the Port of Dover, Kent.

Turner told Metro.co.uk, “We went down to the docks in the morning. My friend noticed I had the wrong passport when she was about to hand them over to a woman in the booth in order to get our tickets. I thought that would be the end of the trip, I felt awful because I was the driver. But I decided to go ahead even though I knew I wouldn’t get through.”

“But incredibly, the woman accepted it and just told us which lane to get into.”

She was waved through going through the U.K. and Belgium by Border Force officials, shocking the mother.

On the return journey, Turner was sure she’d be stopped trying to re-enter the U.K.

“When we were coming home, I pulled up at the dock and my friend handed over the passports again and everything was okay at the first checkpoint,“ she said.

“But then we went to the second one and I thought it would get picked up. So, I got there, and the man asked us to wind down our windows so he could see everyone. He took all our passports and read out everyone’s name and had a look at us,” Turner recounted.

“When he got to my passport, I didn’t really want to answer when he said Rebecca. I said yes and he looked at my photo, then he looked at me and then he started doing something in his booth. But then he just told us which lane to get into. We couldn’t believe it.”

Anita and her daughter Rebecca have a 28-year age gap, with Rebecca’s passport stating she is 30 years old.

According to the U.K. Border Force, this experience was a fluke. In a statement to Metro.co.uk, they said:

“Border Force officers are rigorously trained to prevent those using fraudulent documents from entering the country. Our officers are also involved in the training of airline staff and immigration officers overseas to spot false documents to stop people from even beginning their journey to the UK.”

They added, “Between April 2010 and December 2018 more than 159,000 people were refused entry to the UK, including those refused for traveling on invalid documentation.”

If Border Force in the U.K. is trained to spot these discrepancies (and presumably the same is done with Belgium officials), the question remains: what was it about Turner and her daughter’s passport that had officials ignoring or not noticing the discrepancy in the photo and age?

[url=#]Read More[/url]

AdChoices

• [url=#]1[/url]
  • [url=#]2[/url]
  • [url=#]3[/url]
  • [url=#]4[/url]
  • [url=#]5[/url]

Related Stories

• [url=/en-us/news/politics/senate-panel-postpones-william-barrs-confirmation-vote-amid-democrats-concerns/ar-BBSTWla]  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSTZ1E[/url]

Senators delay AG confirmation vote…

The Washington Post
    [url=/en-us/news/politics/senate-panel-postpones-william-barrs-confirmation-vote-amid-democrats-concerns/ar-BBSTWla][/url]
  • [url=/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-migrants-cross-arizona-border-after-several-busloads-dropped-off-in-mexico/ar-BBSSpIO]  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSScbB[/url]

Hundreds of migrants cross Arizona border…

CNN
    [url=/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-migrants-cross-arizona-border-after-several-busloads-dropped-off-in-mexico/ar-BBSSpIO][/url]
  • [url=/en-us/news/us/trump-administration-begins-returning-asylum-seekers-to-mexico/ar-BBSUPSq]  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSV2gW[/url]

Trump administration begins returning…

NBC News
    [url=/en-us/news/us/trump-administration-begins-returning-asylum-seekers-to-mexico/ar-BBSUPSq][/url]

YOU MAY LIKE

AdTaboola

•   Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh Http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.taboola.com%2Flibtrc%2Fstatic%2Fthumbnails%2Fc7ee9baa8e4f99486fa378b4af5f08a9
    Sweden Votes To Swiftly Ban This…
    Broadwaybe

•   Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh Http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.taboola.com%2Flibtrc%2Fstatic%2Fthumbnails%2F56877dc47cbcc9335ed57d5960ad68ab
    Build a City, Trade With Your Neighbors, Play…
    Forge of Empires - Free Online Game

•   Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh Http%3A%2F%2Fwww.channelweb.co.uk%2Fw-images%2F2a0fd7e0-0109-45b8-b750-b487d8f2155e%2F3%2FPortofDover-370x229
    HP to use multiple ports in 'worst-case …
    CRN

More in Travel

• [url=/en-us/travel/tips/how-you-can-stay-at-a-luxury-resort-without-going-broke/ar-BBSQdS9]  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSQdR3[/url]

How You Can Stay at a Luxury Resort…

The Points Guy
    [url=/en-us/travel/tips/how-you-can-stay-at-a-luxury-resort-without-going-broke/ar-BBSQdS9][/url]
  • [url=/en-us/travel/video/these-names-of-locations-keep-tripping-up-american-travelers/vi-BBSRqUM]  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSUXLC[/url]

Location names that trip up American…

Buzz60
    [url=/en-us/travel/video/these-names-of-locations-keep-tripping-up-american-travelers/vi-BBSRqUM][/url]
  • [url=/en-us/travel/tripideas/visit-the-worlds-best-island-escapes/ss-BBQLpxN]  Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBQLEZj[/url]

Visit the world's best island escapes

National Geographic
    [url=/en-us/travel/tripideas/visit-the-worlds-best-island-escapes/ss-BBQLpxN][/url]

More from TravelPulse

•   Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSUAdQ

Soccer Star Among Missing After Plane…

•   Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSUEqV

Small Luxury Hotels of the World Introduces…

•   Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh BBSUsBl

Ryanair Mistakenly Flies Elderly Man to Malta…

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice   Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago   Disappointing photos sh AAmoz8KVisit site
AdChoices
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Woman Travels With Daughter's Passport and Officials Don't Notice Alex Temblador 8 hrs ago Disappointing photos sh
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
البيت الآرامي العراقي :: منتديات عامة متنوعة Miscellaneous General forums :: منتدى باللغة الانكليزية English Forum-
انتقل الى: